Program Studi Magister (S2) Teknik Biomedis merupakan program studi yang bersifat multidisplin yangg dikelola oleh Program Pascasarjana Universitas Airlangga. Kurikulum Program Studi S2 Teknik Biomedis disusun berdasar kebutuhan di lembaga pemerintahan, industri dan instansi medik, serta ketersediaan sumber daya yang dimiliki oleh Universitas Airlangga. Kurikulum ini dikembangkan dan sebagai lanjutan dari Kurikulum Program Studi S1 Teknik Biomedis Fakultas Sains dan Teknologi Universitas Airlangga. Kurikulum Program Studi S2 Teknik Biomedis ini akan ditinjau ulang dalam waktu lima tahun untuk penyesuaian dan penyempurnaan. Kurikulum disusun untuk dapat diselesaikan dalam empat semester atau setara dengan dua tahun ajaran. Tetapi bagi mahasiswa yang memiliki prestasi akademik tinggi dapat menyelesaikan dalam waktu 3 semester. Kurikulum Program Studi S2 Teknik Biomedis ini disusun untuk mendukung lulusan Magister yang terdiri dari dua bidang minat, yaitu bidang minat Instrumentasi Medis dan Biomaterial. Bidang tersebut merupakan bidang yang diperlukan oleh industri medis dan rumah sakit yang berkembang dengan pesat terutama dalam bidang instrumentasi medis dan biomaterial.
Struktur kurikulum program studi S2 Teknik Biomedis dapat diunduh melalui tautan berikut:
Master Program (S2) Biomedical Engineering is a multidisciplinary course that is managed by Postgraduate Program of Airlangga University. The curriculum of Master Program of Biomedical Engineering is prepared based on the needs in government institutions, industry and medical institutions, and the availability of resources owned by Airlangga University. This curriculum was developed and as a continuation of Curriculum of Biomedical Engineering S1 Program Faculty of Science and Technology Airlangga University. The curriculum of Master Study Program of Biomedical Engineering will be reviewed within five years for adjustment and refinement. The curriculum is structured to be completed in four semesters or equivalent to two academic years. But for students who have high academic achievement can complete within 3 semesters. The curriculum of the S2 Biomedical Engineering Study Program is structured to support Master’s graduates consisting of two areas of interest, namely the areas of interest of Medical Instrumentation and Biomaterials. The field is required by the medical industry and hospitals that are growing rapidly, especially in the field of medical instrumentation and biomaterials.
Vision of Master Study Program Biomedical Engineering is to be an excellent center of education and research in the field of Biomedical Engineering at national and international level based on civilized ethics and morals to support the development of health and medical industry.
The missions of Biomedical Engineering S2 Program are:
- Conducting education and research in the field of Biomedical Engineering that can be accepted nationally or internationally.
- Producing qualified graduates in biomedical technology oriented to mastering medical instrumentation technology and biomaterial based on biocompatibility and tissue engineerin.
- Developing research in the field of biomedical technology oriented to the mastery of medical instrumentation technology and biomaterials.
- Helping solve problems in health care institutions, research institutions and education in the medical field in handling medical instrumentation and biomaterials.
1.4. Graduate Profiles
The profiles of the graduates of Master Degree Program of Biomedical Engineering are Professional, Researcher and Manager.
- Professional in this case is that one who is able to master the field of Biomedical Engineering in depth, and able to do creativity and innovation in field of Biomedical Engineering and always think positive uphold ethics and integrity Biomedical Engineering profession.
- Researcherin this case is a person who is able to design, conduct exploration, manage and develop research activities in the field Biomedical Engineering.
- The manager in this case is a person who is able to work and coordinate various job activities in the field of Biomedical Engineering in an effort to achieve the goals of the organization concerned.
1.5. Learning Outcomes and Sub-Learning Outcomes
- Being cautious of God Almighty and capable of showing a religious attitude;
- Upholding the value of humanity in carrying out duties based on religion, morals, and ethics;
- Contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of society, nation, state, and progress of civilization based on Pancasila;
- Serving as a proud citizen and love of the homeland, has nationalism and a sense of responsibilityto the state and nation;
- Respecting for cultural diversity, views, religion, and beliefs, as well as the original opinions orfindings of others;
- Working together and having social sensitivity and concern for the community and the environment;
- Obey the law and discipline in social life and state;
- Internalizing academic values, norms, and ethics;
- Demonstrating a responsible attitude towards the work in their own field of expertise; and
- Internalizing the spirit of independence, struggle, and entrepreneurship.
- Realizing excellence with moral morality (excellence with morality).
2. General Skills
- Able to develop logical, critical, systematic, and creative thinking through scientific research, creation of designs or works of art in the field of science and technology that concerns and implements the value of humanities in accordance with their field of expertise, prepares scientific conceptions and results of study based on rules, ordinances, and scientific ethics in the form of a thesis or other equivalent form, and uploaded on a college page, as well as papers published in scientific journals accredited or accepted in international journals;
- Able to perform academic validation or studies in accordance with their areas of expertise in solving problems in relevant communities or industries through the development of knowledge and expertise;
- Able to formulate ideas, ideas, and scientific arguments in a responsible and academic manner, and communicate them through the media to the academic community and the wider community;
- Being able to identify the scientific field that is the object of his research and positioning it into a research map developed through interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approaches;
- Be able to take decisions in the context of solving problems of science and technology development that concerns and implements the humanities value based on analytical or experimental studies of information and data;
- Able to manage, develop and maintain networking with colleagues, colleagues within the broader institutes and research community;
- Able to improve the capacity of learning independently; and
- Able to document, store, secure, and rediscover research data in order to ensure validity and prevent plagiarism.
3. Special Skills
- Able to describe mathematically and physically macroscopic and microscopic phenomena associated with the principles of medical instrumentation and biomaterials;
- Able to analyze the structure of substances and processes that take place therein;
- Able to analyze and process biomedical signals and images based on mathematical and physical principles related to clinical applications;
- Able to analyze and evaluate electronic or digital circuitry or systems, and be able to apply them to analog and digital instrumentation systems in medical applications;
- Able to integrate information from biomedical signals and images into the form of information systems and be able to apply them for medical applications purposes;
- Able to apply medical instrumentation system, ranging from sensing signal, measurement and recording mechanism and monitoring in a medical instrumentation system;
- Able to design simple computer programs using artificial intelligence systems for identification applications in the medical field;
- Able to design medical instrumentation system based on embedded computing;
- Able to design current medical instrumentation principles as a medical application candidate;
- Able to analyze the chemical, biological, physical and mechanical properties of biomaterials, polymers, ceramics, metals, and composites.
- Able to design simple biomaterials, polymers, ceramics, metals and composites for medical applications purposes;
- Able to develop a simple method of processing biomedical materials procedurally;
- Mastering both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Ability to apply math, science and engineering principles to solve engineering problems in medical instrumentation systems in medical applications (researcher and practitioner profiles);
- Able to conduct research that includes identification, formulation and problem analysis in the areas of medical and biomaterial instrumentation (profiles of researchers and practitioners);
- Able to design products related to biomedical engineering (synthesis of biomaterials or equipment), required analytical processes, and production operations that meet the requirements of value addition, reliability, quality and safety by considering the performance aspects of ease of application and sustainability in the medical field, economic factors, public health and safety (profiles of researchers, practitioners and managers);
- Able to formulate solutions for engineering problems in the field of medical instrumentation and biomaterials for medical implants and prostheses with regard to economic, health and safety factors (researcher profiles, practitioners, and managers); and
- Able to communicate and work in multidisciplinary teams in evaluating medical instrumentation systems and biomaterials as well as having a professional and ethical sense of responsibility with regard to medical related issues (profiles of practitioners and managers).